Business Development Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
🎨 Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 130+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
Look at our Career Page for more information about working with us! 💙
🎩 Your Role:
As a Business Development Executive at Convelio in the Sales department, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of art logistics. With your unique skill set and passion for innovation, you will contribute to our mission of revolutionizing the industry.
✏️ What you'll do
- Top of funnel (30%) :
- You will plan and carry out outbound prospecting campaigns (via calls, emails, and social media) to identify relevant clients for our business.
- You’ll be able to highlight Convelio’s value proposition to prospects who do not yet work with us, and explain our offering in a way that piques their interest and curiosity
- You will research and qualify inbound leads that arrive in your pipeline, getting in touch with them to understand their requirements and how we can help them
- You will assist our clients to book their first order with Convelio, answering any questions they might have about our services and offering
- Pipeline management (60%) :
- You will manage a pipeline of SME clients (which we call “low touch” clients). You will design a communication plan for them using phone calls and email campaigns to keep them engaged, and build the relationship with Convelio.
- You will use data to segment your pipeline into groups, and build a tailored approach to each segment.
- You will design strategies to re-approach clients that used to work with us but stopped ordering for some reason.
- Overall, you will need to make 50 calls per week (to prospects, to new clients, to existing clients), so you’ll need to be confident on the phone
- Team work (10%) :
- You will work closely with the rest of the sales team to accelerate the sales cycle through side projects in the team
- You will work closely also with our UK Customer Care team to ensure that the requirements of your clients are well understood
🧑🎨 Your profile
- Industry knowledge: You’ll either have experience in the art & design world (art shipping knowledge would be a bonus!), or you’ll be keen to learn quickly. This will help you better understand our clients’ requirements and what they need from us.
- Sales skills: you’re motivated to pitch & sell to antiques dealers, art galleries, furniture brands and interior designers by phone and email. 2+ years of experience in a client-facing role would be great, even if it’s not in sales.
- Communication skills: you’ll need to be able to communicate excellently over phone and email, in a professional manner to build relationships with luxury clients. You must be personable and able to build a connection with new clients - you don’t have a problem talking to people you don’t know. Fluent English is a must.
- Attention to detail: for qualifying inbound leads, you’ll need to be able to drill down quickly in your research to ensure the new lead is correctly categorized.
- Organisation skills: you’ll have a large pipeline of small-sized businesses as your clients, you will need to be very efficient and structured in planning email and phone campaigns to reach all of them on a regular basis. You’ll also need to be able to plan your time well to ensure you handle a high volume of client engagement with the different parts of your pipeline.
- Persistence: you’re not afraid of cold calls, and won’t be put off if some prospects don’t give you the answer you’re looking for.
- Self-starter: You’re motivated and able to work independently in an ambiguous environment. You’ll be able to think of new ideas yourself for how to approach your pipeline. You just get on and do things proactively.
🌍 What we offer
- 25 days of paid leave per year, in addition to the 8 national bank holidays
- 3% for your private pension scheme, from Day 1
- Health insurance, starting 3 months from your start date
- Flexible work options with our hybrid remote approach.
- Immerse yourself in the arts & culture capital of London with our central office location.
- Join a diverse team where support is our ethos and growth is our ambition.
- Develop a strong bedrock of logistics and art market knowledge to leverage in your new role through Convelio’s onboarding program.
- Bond with teams over Convelio-sponsored virtual and physical initiatives: art history courses with accredited professors, remote or physical team building events, off-sites, and after work meet-ups...
⚙️ The hiring process
- Video Interview with Talent Acquisition
- Video Interview with General Manager
- On site business case with General Manager
- Video Interview with a member of the Sales or CC Team
Discover our company values
Convelio is set on bringing art logistics into the future - and this is impossible to do without thinking about climate change. Launched in June 2021, our sustainability program and commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13 - to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact is organized to promote positive environmental practices, and align our company with government targets formed on the basis of the Paris Agreement. Explore more on Climate Care.
Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our fundraising announcement from our founders in 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.