Business Development Intern
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
🎨 Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 130+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
Look at our Career Page for more information about working with us! 💙
🎩 Your Role:
We are looking for a new Sales Intern to join our Business Development Team! We are seeking an individual who is motivated, very organised and a team player.
You will learn how to research prospects, qualify each new opportunity and close new clients.
You will also have the opportunity to discover the fascinating art world and fine-art logistics industry, and work inside a fast-paced start-up.
👍 What your team will look like
More than 200 people from all over the world to work with you. You will report to Elisa, Team Lead Business Development, and you will work with our amazing international team: Juan, Kay, Kathinka, Gianick, Francesca, Amine and many more!
Your location should be either in London or Paris.
This is a 6-month paid internship, ideal start date 4th March.
✏️ What you'll do:
- Discover the art world and fine art logistics industry
- Research and qualify inbound leads that arrive in your pipeline, getting in touch with them to understand their requirements and how we can help them
- Highlight Convelio’s value proposition to raise curiosity and interest, and set up demos and meetings.
- Research relevant sales targets (verticals, customer segments, etc) and gather key lead information, while growing a deep understanding of the business and the conversion cycle of the leads.
🧑🎨 Your profile:
- Studying to obtain a bachelor or a master’s degree (or have completed one already). Your School provides a University agreement.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Not scared of picking up the phone (you might even have a first experience in Sales or customer-facing role)
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Organisation, and evidence of working efficiently
- Attention to detail
Nice to have (but feel free to apply if you don’t tick all the boxes, we will review all applications!):
- Can speak French, Italian or German
- Familiar with the Art World
🌍 What we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a developing and innovative company that is transforming the art logistics industry.
- A challenging and fulfilling role with a high level of autonomy and responsibility that will allow you to gain in knowledge and skills on any sales process.
- A supportive and dynamic work environment, where your ideas and initiatives are valued.
- Flexible teleworking policy (up to 3 days per week) to accommodate a healthy work-life balance.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to enhance your professional growth in the art logistics domain.
⚙️ The hiring process:
- 1st interview with Elisa, your future direct manager
- Case study
- Meet Victor, our Head of Sales
Discover our company values
Convelio is set on bringing art logistics into the future - and this is impossible to do without thinking about climate change. Launched in June 2021, our sustainability program and commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13 - to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact is organized to promote positive environmental practices, and align our company with government targets formed on the basis of the Paris Agreement. Explore more on Climate Care.
Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our fundraising announcement from our founders in 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.