Logistics Operations Team Lead
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
🎨 Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 130+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
Look at our Career Page for more information about working with us! 💙
👍What your team will look like
More than 150+ people from all over the world to work with you. You will work inside one of our Operations Teams and report to our Head of Operations Europe.
✏What you'll do
Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for thechallenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
We are looking for a high energy, results-driven, team-oriented Operations Team Lead to join our rapidly growing Team!
• Team Management: team coordination, individual performance monitoring,recruitment, onboarding, training, etc.
• Responsible for the team's performance on all key indicators: revenue, lead time,margin, customer satisfaction, incident rate, etc.
• Control and support the team in all aspects of transportation: client communication,pickup, packaging, freight, delivery.
• Establishment of control routines and reports for transportation monitoring and earlyidentification of potential issues.
• Service quality management and incident tracking.
• Implementation of new processes and application by the team and partners withinthe scope.
• Daily management of partner performance and during performance reviews.
• Team support in handling complex operational tasks (quotes, transportation,damages, incidents).
• Support for the Head of Operations and Lead Operations Excellence in defining andimplementing new processes, tools, and work methods.
🌍What we offer
- Flexibility on remote work:, 3 days/week of remote + up to 6 weeks/year of remotework, when you want where you want
- Learning opportunities and team support to grow both as a person and as a team.
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Artmarket.
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and an opportunity to work with a great teamwith diverse and highly advanced skill sets.
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support tofulfill your potential.
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes.
- Improve your skills in the management of customer relationships, negotiation, projectmanagement, and analytics.
- A great onboarding program to make sure you have everything you need to grow inyour role
- Internal virtual and physical events & initiatives: afterwork drinks, remote or physicalteam buildings, private online art classes...
- Great Health insurance with Benefiz
- Meal vouchers
- A very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in : bright offices in a nicedistrict in the center of Paris!
📑The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with Louis from our People Team
- Video interviews with Manon, our Head of Operations and possibly our General Manager
- Video interview with Marianne, our People Director & Chief of Staff to the CEO office, and 1 of our cofounders
☀Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, readyto take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform thismarket - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
Discover our company values
Convelio is set on bringing art logistics into the future - and this is impossible to do without thinking about climate change. Launched in June 2021, our sustainability program and commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13 - to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact is organized to promote positive environmental practices, and align our company with government targets formed on the basis of the Paris Agreement. Explore more on Climate Care.
Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our fundraising announcement from our founders in 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.