Logistics Coordinator - France
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
🎨 Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 180+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
Look at our Career Page for more information about working with us! 💙
Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a high-energy, results-driven, team-oriented Logistics Coordinator to join our Operations team!
In this role, you will have the great challenge of managing a crucial part of our logistics process starting from the pickup of the art pieces in auction houses and art galleries, through the crating centers and all along to the final delivery, making sure the whole process goes smoothly in order to make our clients happy. This role involves planning and organizing the logistics chain, reviewing documentation, managing our shipments all over the world, maintaining close relationships with our suppliers, and keeping an eye out to find quick solutions to all sort of issues.
It is a fast-paced role that fits high energy and agile people who like challenges. Attention to detail and proactivity are key elements in this role, as well as being able to multi-task.
👍 What your team will look like
The Team: 180 people from all over the world to work with you. You will work inside the French Operations Team, in charge of all our operations in continental Europe.
✏️ What you'll do
- Oversee all operations from artwork pickup to its final delivery, ensure that everything goes as planned and that KPIs are constantly met
- Check that every shipment has the correct documentation to accompany it
- Book in transport (road, courier, sea freight, air cargo) for our artworks
- Follow each transport with dedicated reports, tools and shared platform
- Suggest and initiate process improvements for your team to drive operational excellence
- Problem-solve with the other members of the Operations team to resolve issues for our customers
- Use data to analyse our performance, track results and inform business decisions
- Contribute to the fun, inclusive and supportive workplace we have at Convelio
🌍 What we offer
- Flexible teleworking policy (up to 3 days per week) to accommodate a healthy work-life balance.
- Meal vouchers with Swile
- Healthcare with Alan
- Teambuilding activities and team lunches
- A challenging and fulfilling role with a high level of autonomy and responsibility in managing customs operations for art shipments.
- An opportunity to be part of a fast-growing and innovative company that is transforming the art logistics industry.
- A supportive and dynamic work environment, where your ideas and initiatives are valued.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to enhance your professional growth in the art logistics domain.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience and expertise in art logistics customs clearance.
🧑🎨 Your profile
- You have a great attention to detail, are highly organised and can work methodically
- You are able to prioritise, and balance multiple competing responsibilities at once - you can demonstrate evidence of working on multiple projects at once
- You are an excellent problem solver when things go pear-shaped and you relish the constant challenges a start-up throws your way
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
- You have good analytical (excel) and communication skills; you are perfectly fluent in English and French
- If you do have specialised experience in art shipping (including booking freight and / or supervising crating or handling collections we would especially love to hear from you!
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with Talent Acquisition
- Video interview with the Operations Team Lead
- Case study with the Head of Operations
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
-> Convelio is set on bringing art logistics into the future - and this is impossible to do without thinking about climate change. Launched in June 2021, our sustainability program and commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13 - to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact is organized to promote positive environmental practices, and align our company with government targets formed on the basis of the Paris Agreement.
Explore more on Climate Care
-> Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our latest fundraising announcement from our founders.
-> Discover our company values
-> Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.