Business Analyst Intern
IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2023
🎨 Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 130+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
Look at our Career Page for more information about working with us! 💙
🎩 Your role
We are looking for a high energy, results-driven, team-oriented Business Startegy Intern to join our rapidly growing Business Development Team!
You will be part of our Sales Operations team, responsible for creating and maintaining the building blocks that allow our sales organization to run effectively and efficiently. In this role you will help to build and maintain key foundational initiatives to support the growth and scale of the Sales Business.
Strong strategic and communication skills will be important as you partner with Sales and cross-functional leaders. We also expect the individual that fills this role to be an open-minded critical thinker that can handle highly sensitive information, challenge the status quo, and demand high performance from themselves and their peers.
Please note this is a 6 month internship starting in January. Candidates can be either based in Paris or London.
👍 What your team will look like
More than 150 people from all over the world to work with you. You will work inside the Business Development Team and report to our Sales Operations Leader.
✏️ What you'll do
- Support Sales teams in operating efficiently in their day-to-day
- Learn to question and evaluate discussions with individuals and groups about their needs and ask useful questions to surface essential information
- Observe sales processes to support continuous improvement towards simplicity and productivity
- Use a growth mindset to research and make recommendations on how we can support the teams, Identify potential weaknesses in processes and offer improvement suggestions
- Help building reports and conduct data analysis supporting our sales teams and client research
- Attend and participate in meetings, workshops, and feedback sessions with sales team members
- Help to keep reports, documentation, training, and sales records up to date and relevant
- Analyse sales performance against sales targets, and support in building performance monitoring presentation
- Keep a log of everything learned and key processes and deliver presentations to the sales teams
- Assist in the cleaning of internal data, and reliability of data available to our teams, Ensure data accuracy and completeness in general reporting, in our sales and data analytics tools (like Salesforce, Looker, etc.)
🧑🎨 Your profile
- Working towards completion of a bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or Data Analytics; or an equivalent combination of education
- You are fluent in English (French is a bonus), and you have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity working with Excel/Spreadsheets, minimal Microsoft Office skills. Using data analytics tools is a plus but not required
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered and analyzed to cope with rapidly changing information.
- You are positive, curious, self-motivated and hands-on
- You are an excellent learner, showing a drive to autonomously search for answers, and you have the desire to adapt to new concepts and technologies
- You are detail-oriented, you have strong organizational skills and are disciplined in daily activity planning (ability to manage tightly, over time, a large quantity of information)
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
🌍 What we offer
- Experience flexible work options with our hybrid approach.
- Immerse yourself in the arts & culture capital of (enter: New York City, Paris, London) with our central office location.
- Advance your career by learning new hard or soft skills with access to a yearly learning budget, on us.
- Join a diverse team where support is our ethos and growth is our ambition.
- Develop a strong bedrock of logistics and art market knowledge to leverage in your new role through Convelio’s onboarding program.
- Bond with teams over Convelio-sponsored virtual and physical initiatives: art history courses with accredited professors, remote or physical team building events, off-sites, and after work meet-ups...
- Health insurance with Alan
- Meal vouchers with Swile
- Chair, screen and IT equipment provided if you are located outside of the Île-de-France region and working fully remotely with no access to an office (outside Covid-19 situation)
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with our recruitment team
- 1st Video interview with Mathilde, Business Development Director,
- 2nd Video interview with Mathilde with a live case study (1 hour)
Discover our company values
Convelio is set on bringing art logistics into the future - and this is impossible to do without thinking about climate change. Launched in June 2021, our sustainability program and commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13 - to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact is organized to promote positive environmental practices, and align our company with government targets formed on the basis of the Paris Agreement. Explore more on Climate Care.
Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our fundraising announcement from our founders in 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.