Cash & Debt Collection Specialist
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
🎨 Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 180+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
Look at our Career Page for more information about working with us! 💙
🎩 Your Role
We’re looking for a Debt & Cash Collector who will managepayment with our premium clients. You will be instrumental in ensuring Convelio gets paid for the work we do!
To be successful, the ideal candidate will be hands-on and willing to perform manual tasks (at the beginning). The objective is to automate the financial workflows.
👍 What your team will look like
You will work with the Head of Collection and another teammate, within a broader Finance team of 15!
✏️ What you'll do:
Manage fully the collection process
• Monitor and support the accounts prioritization to identify outstanding debts
• Reconcile daily accounts and invoices payments with billing information
• Update account status records and collection efforts
• Report monthly AR (Account Receivables) metrics on invoices and payments
• Send, on a weekly basis, statements for customer accounts
• Provide support to the accounting team, which includes bank account reconciliations, journal entries, month end close support
Collect and negotiate with customers
• Generate credit notes and - when applicable - customer invoices (process already automated with exceptions)
• Processing internal requests related mainly to billing and payments coming from the sales and Ops teams
• Interact daily with customers to ensure payments are appropriately managed
• Negotiate with all types of customers incl. big accounts (“High-Touch”), small and medium enterprises, and private collectors
• Drive litigation process – identification of payments to outsource to external litigation advisors, prepare the litigation case, follow up and support litigation case
Elevate and support in making best practices in collection practices
• Recommend process improvements to save time in reviewing/processing customer payments
• Support the processes detailing and execution leverage the best of Convelio’s internal and external support
• Train and support the teams on customer specific invoicing requirements
• Work with Financial Systems support and IT to resolve technical issues
- Bachelors’ Degree with strong interests in finance & accounting
- 2 to 5 years of proven experience as a Cash Collection Specialist or similar role
- You’re fluent in English and French
- You have knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
- You have a strong interest in accounting, finance, logistics and international trade
- Good knowledge of Excel and Salesforce are a plus
🎁 What we offer
- Healthcare complement with Alan
- Meal vouchers with Swile (6€/worked day, free of charges)
- Flexible work options with our hybrid remote approach.
- Immerse yourself in the arts & culture capital of Paris with our central office location.
- Join a diverse team where support is our ethos and growth is our ambition.
- Develop a strong bedrock of logistics and art market knowledge to leverage in your new role through Convelio’s onboarding program.
- Bond with teams over Convelio-sponsored virtual and physical initiatives: art history courses with accredited professors, remote or physical team building events, off-sites, and after work meet-ups...
📑 The Recruitment Process
- Recruiter call -30 minutes
- Manager interview - 60 minutes
- Case study & live debrief - 30 minutes
- Meeting with our VP of Finance - 30 minutes
- Reference check
-> Convelio is set on bringing art logistics into the future - and this is impossible to do without thinking about climate change. Launched in June 2021, our sustainability program and commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13 - to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact is organized to promote positive environmental practices, and align our company with government targets formed on the basis of the Paris Agreement.
Explore more on Climate Care
-> Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our latest fundraising announcement from our founders.
-> Discover our company values
-> Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.
See more open positions at Convelio
Something looks off?