Senior Accountant UK/US
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
🎨 Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 200+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
Look at our Career Page for more information about working with us! 💙
🎩 Your Role
We’re looking for a senior accountant who will manage the day-to-day accounting of our US and UK subsidiaries. You will be a clear communicator who is comfortable interfacing cross-functionally and with external stakeholders (auditors, external consultants…). You have experience with financial processes and are willing to be involved in systems implementation.
To be successful, the ideal candidate will be hands-on and willing to perform manual tasks (at the beginning). The objective is to automate the financial workflows.
👍 What your team will look like
You will work with Damien, who is in charge of Accounting in France and you will report to Sylvia the Head of Accounting.
✏️ What you'll do
- Accounting for our US & UK subsidiaries:
- Import and codify all G&A suppliers’ invoices in Spendesk (our spend management software)
- Review, validate and codify all T&E expenses
- Prepare all bank transactions files to import into accounting
- Match/clear manually all expenses with payments
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Review/prepare payroll journal and reconcile payroll data
- Prepare AP accruals/prepayments
- Prepare VAT reports
- Perform monthly closings
- Participate in the yearly Statutory Financial Statements preparation and audits
- Collaborate with the various departments of the company (FP&A team, credit team, revenue team…)
- ERP implementation:
- Be involved in the implementation of NetSuite
- Test accounting workflows (VAT, Fixed assets, General Ledger…) before validation
- Get a good understanding of the current processes
- Automate the current processes
- Be involved in other Ad-hoc projects of process automation (AR/AP/Banks…)
🎨 Your profile
- DCG/DSCG or master’s in accounting/finance or relevant degree
- 3 years’ experience in financial accounting
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) and ideally French (but not mandatory)
- Thorough knowledge of ERP system, MS-Office and G Suite applications
- Collaborative and team player
- Proactive, curious and autonomous
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First video call with Talent Acquisition Team (30 minutes)
- Video interview with Head of Accounting (1 hour)
- Business Case (1 hour) followed by a debrief with Head of Accounting(30 minutes)
- Video interview with VP of Finance (45 minutes)
-> Convelio is set on bringing art logistics into the future - and this is impossible to do without thinking about climate change. Launched in June 2021, our sustainability program and commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13 - to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact is organized to promote positive environmental practices, and align our company with government targets formed on the basis of the Paris Agreement.
Explore more on Climate Care
-> Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our latest fundraising announcement from our founders.
-> Discover our company values
-> Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.
See more open positions at Convelio
Something looks off?