Key Account Manager - Fine Art & Auction Houses
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
🎨 Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 200+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
Look at our Career Page for more information about working with us! 💙
Key Account Manager
Convelio is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Key Account Manager to join our team. As the Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key clients and ensuring their satisfaction with our services. You will be the primary point of contact for our enterprise clients, and will work closely with our operations team to ensure that all shipments are executed as per clients’ requirements and expectations.
What your team will look like
You will be part of the UK Team and report to our Customer Experience in the UK. We innovate with our dynamic team of tech, product, service and business leaders to drive impact. Join the Convelio team of over 170 people from all over the world building the solutions of tomorrow.
What you'll do :
- Identify and build a list of enterprise clients based in the UK (enterprise clients will include but will not be limited to: clients that generate over a certain amount of revenues per year, clients that are eligible for an API integration, prospects / clients that have high potential)
- Prospect, develop and maintain relationships with key clients to understand their business needs and objectives
- Design and implement the overall strategy to attract, maintain, and grow the number of enterprise clients
- Develop detailed account plans in order to have a clear and actionable strategy per client
- Develop SOPs for each client to be shared with the operations team to ensure that clients’ expectations are met
- Contribute to defining pricing strategies and contract negotiations for the enterprise client
- Monitor client satisfaction and address any concerns or issues in a timely manner
- Collaborate with our product team to identify opportunities to improve our platform and services
- Work on UK specific partnerships with the UK Head of Partnerships
- 5+ years of experience in key account management and/or sales, preferably in the art and/or logistics industry
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Proven track record of successfully hunting, managing and growing key accounts
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience collaborating with the C-level suite both internally and externally, and previous experience selling large complex accounts with a global reach
-> Convelio is set on bringing art logistics into the future - and this is impossible to do without thinking about climate change. Launched in June 2021, our sustainability program and commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13 - to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact is organized to promote positive environmental practices, and align our company with government targets formed on the basis of the Paris Agreement.
Explore more on Climate Care
-> Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our latest fundraising announcement from our founders.
-> Discover our company values
-> Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.
See more open positions at Convelio
Something looks off?