Coordinator - Claims & Art Restoration
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2023
🎨 Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 130+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
Look at our Career Page for more information about working with us! 💙
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a Coordinator - Claims & Art Restoration to join our Legal Team!
In this role, you will have to handle the claims process with internal (Operations, Legal and Finance Teams) and external (insurance, suppliers etc) parties. You will also organise restorations of artworks and conduct research to find new Art Restaurateur all around the world
This position is a 6 months contract, start date asap. Based in Paris
✏️ What you'll do
- Validate and process claims documents into our system
- Handle claims process with our internal (operational, legal, financial) and external (suppliers, brokers, insurers) contacts
- Research Art Restorers throughout the world to create a register
- Request for restoration estimates, analyse and validate them
- Monitor the process of transporting works and carrying out restorations
- Participate in the weekly review with the team
- You have a first experience in a similar role, an administrative or legal role
- You are perfectly fluent in English and French
- You have strong organizational skills and you are disciplined in daily activity planning & prioritizing
- You are enthusiastic, ambitious, and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven, and team-oriented environment.
- You are hands-on and you like solving problems
🌍 What we offer
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market.
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and an opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets.
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfil your potential.
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes.
- Improve your skills in the management of customer relationships, negotiation, project management, and analytics.
- A great onboarding program to make sure you have everything you need to grow in your role
- Internal virtual and physical events & initiatives: after-work drinks, remote or physical team buildings, private online art classes…
- Great Health insurance with Alan
- Meal vouchers
- A very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in: bright offices in a nice district in the centre of Paris!
📑 The Recruitment Process
- Video interview with our Credit Manager
- Video interview with our CFO
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
Discover our company values
Convelio is set on bringing art logistics into the future - and this is impossible to do without thinking about climate change. Launched in June 2021, our sustainability program and commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13 - to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact is organized to promote positive environmental practices, and align our company with government targets formed on the basis of the Paris Agreement. Explore more on Climate Care.
Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our fundraising announcement from our founders in 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.