Data Governance - Senior Product Manager
Clarity AI is a global tech company founded in 2017 that is committed to bringing social impact to markets. We leverage AI and machine learning technologies to provide investors, governments, companies and consumers with the right data, methodologies, and tools to make more informed decisions.
We are now a team of more than 300 highly passionate individuals from all over the world. We have established Clarity AI as a leading sustainability tech company backed by investors and strategic partners such as SoftBank, BlackRock, and Deutsche Börse, who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK, and the US this year, so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading! Your work will shape and guide the sustainable decisions of consumers and investors worldwide.
We are looking for a Data Governance - Senior Product Manager to join our Product team.
Within the Product team, the data governance squad is responsible for the definition and enforcement of data governance best practices across the organization as well as the development and maintenance of means to support data governance and access (tools, metadata, etc.).
As a Senior Data Governance Product Manager, you will play a crucial and very visible role in the company, by being responsible for the data governance strategy.
The role is based in Spain. Clarity AI would support a relocation package in case of relocation to Madrid.
Way of Working: Remote / Hybrid
- Data Governance Framework & Culture: Develop/refine and promote a data governance framework that includes policies, standards, and guidelines aligned with business objectives, fostering a culture of data governance across the organization.
- Metadata Management: Drive the design, implementation, and maintenance of metadata datasets that support data governance.
- Data Governance Tools: Handle the introduction, maintenance and integration of data governance tools (e.g., data catalog, lineage, data dictionary, data glossary), as well as ensuring tool adoption.
- Data Access & Usability: Simplify data access and enhance usability for stakeholders, creating "analyst friendly" views/tools and governing key data sets.
- Roles, Ownership & Accountability: As appropriate, refine key data governance roles and responsibilities, ensuring clear ownership and accountability for data sets and metrics, particularly through data stewards.
- Standardization & Consistency: Pursue data standardization and consistency across the company, including naming conventions and the use of common datasets, potentially proposing architectural changes.
- Data Rights & Compliance: Ensure compliance with data rights, implement data classification, masking, encryption, and manage data retention policies.
- Performance Tracking: Establish and measure KPIs to monitor the effectiveness of data governance activities in alignment with business goals.