Clarity AI is a global tech company founded in 2017 committed to bringing social impact to markets. We leverage AI and machine learning technologies to provide investors, governments, companies and consumers with the right data, methodologies, and tools to make more informed decisions.
We are now a team of more than 300 highly passionate individuals from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading sustainability tech company backed by investors and strategic partners such as SoftBank, BlackRock, and Deutsche Börse, who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK, and the US this year, so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading! Your work will shape and guide the sustainable decisions of consumers and investors worldwide.
We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our Finance team.
Within the Finance team, we are business advisors. We use data to help our internal stakeholders understand their financial needs, ensuring up to date and reliable information to enable decision making towards our business objectives, while granting smooth and compliant functioning of the finance operations.
This is the perfect position for you if you like to be in the middle of the business and excel within a fast-paced and agile environment.
To be successful, you will need to be a motivated self-starter who is proactive and action-oriented. You are able to build strong cross-group working relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail. You enjoy working with large sets of data and advanced reporting to drive business insights. You are able to write effectively and display significant analytical and critical thinking skills, with strong attention to detail and quality.
As a Financial Controller, you will play a crucial role in the company. Reporting to the Director - Finance, you will be responsible for the accounting and fiscal oversight of Clarity AI.
You will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting complex financial data and ensuring all accounting work is performed in accordance with all internal and external requirements, while ensuring the quality of the accounting and tax operations of the firm. Additionally, you will maintain orderly files and schedules, ensure the quality and completeness of the book-keeping, lead the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process, and lead tax filings coordinating internal and external contributors (e.g., advisors).
The role is based in Spain. In case of relocation to Madrid, Clarity AI would support a relocation package.
Way of Working: Remote / Hybrid
- Prepare all accounting, audit, and tax filings for the group's entities in the US, UK, Spain, UAE, and Saudi Arabia. You will also be responsible for financial systems (e.g., Netsuite).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS + US GAAP).
- Provide auditors with necessary financial reporting information and respond to their inquiries as necessary.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date Chart of Accounts for the entire group.
- Review and coordinate all day-to-day treasury functions.
- Prepare and review periodic cash flow and investment performance reports.
- Improve accounting and tax processes to enable the company to scale up as a quickly growing business.
- Design and build the necessary processes to ensure global tax compliance for the company.