ESG Data Research Intern
Clarity AI’s mission is to bring social impact to the market. Our disruptive tech tools allow investors, companies, and consumers to invest sustainably, shop sustainably, and report or benchmark for sustainability with easy-to-use, AI-powered technology.
We are a team of 300 highly passionate individuals coming from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading startup backed by investors and strategic partners such as Blackrock and Deutsche Borse who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK and the US this year so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading!
We are looking for a Data Research Intern that will help us build a reliable and scalable database of sustainability information and respond to clients’ data and quality requests, through research on Companies’ CSR and ESG indicators methodology and quality assurance processes.
The role provides an opportunity to understand the reporting standards that exist and how companies sustainability performance is measured.
The internship is based in Madrid or Barcelona, and requires the candidate to be in the office at least 3 times/week.
Working as a Data Research Intern you will be responsible for ensuring that we have the most accurate data, in order to provide the most reliable sustainability impact measurements. The Data Research Intern role will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Collect, verify and process Sustainability data sourced from various financial, exchange and government regulator websites and official reports.
- Respond to internal partners and client inquiries related to data quality and coverage by analyzing our databases.
- Adhere to quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) processes.
- Review company-level sustainability issues including environmental, social and corporate governance practices and synthesize these findings into broader frameworks.
- Perform ad hoc team projects as needed.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. (Minimum C1 level-proficient user)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, International Relations, Environmental Studies or similar field of study.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and/or database applications.
- Basic knowledge of Python, SQL and/or business intelligence tools a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving skills, with clear attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, independent and deeply passionate about sustainability and impact.
- Ability to work with complex data sets with consistently high levels of comprehension and to apply defined methodologies appropriately.
*Only CVs in English will be taken into account