Head of Business Development (MENA)
We bring societal impact to markets. How do we do that? We add clarity so that you can choose sustainably.
Founded in 2017, we are a sustainability company that empowers measuring progress towards a more sustainable future, which is a complex, multi-dimensional, cross-border, and cross-industry task. We firmly believe harnessing the power of technology, specifically machine learning and Natural Language Processing, is the best way – at scale – to produce viable answers to big questions like “How will we get to net-zero?” and “Which paths can we take to actually live in a more equitable world?” Moreover, we believe technology is singularly positioned to produce answers that are unbiased and wholly scientific- and evidence-based.
To that end, we offer a customizable and scalable sustainability tech kit, which anyone can integrate directly into their existing day-to-day way of working, investing, researching, or shopping. Anyone can switch on their computers or phones, open their usual applications or platforms, and find Clarity AI built right in. This is true whether you are a professional investor in the public or private markets, an executive at a company of any size, or a consumer considering an online purchase of any size. We are integrated into the full sustainability ecosystem in order to deliver as broadly as possible on our mission in markets of all kinds – from investment exchanges to e-commerce platforms.
We are proud of what we do, and we are proud that global organizations have taken notice and, in some cases, joined us in our mission. We have won investment from international firms, such as SoftBank, BlackRock and Deutsche Boerse. We’ve also won awards from global governing bodies, the media and world-class academic institutions, including but not limited to:
- World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer
- Impact Investing Platform of the Year by Environmental Finance
- Awarded the EU Seal of Excellence
- Most Innovative Project by the Harvard Innovation Lab
- Awarded Horizon 2020 EU Project Grant for Innovation in World-class Science
Our mission drives us forward. Our values guide us along the way. We admire people who are driven to change the world, and we focus on finding people to work with who have passion and a record of achievement or personal impact across five specific areas. Specifically, we look for people who are:
- Fact-based: Promoting objective, data-driven and solution-oriented discussions
- Diverse: Leveraging our different backgrounds all while contributing to a singular mission with purpose and an open mindset
- Meritocratic: Demanding excellence and celebrating and rewarding the best
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (e.g., schedule, location, vacation, styles)
Our people are our main asset. Having doubled our team in the last year, we now have more than 250 highly passionate individuals from more than 30 different countries. Our headquarters are in New York City, and we have other offices in London, Madrid and Abu Dhabi. Additionally, we have a strong remote-workforce of team members located in over 15 different countries.
We believe leadership doesn’t come only from the top. At Clarity AI, we believe strength, innovation and success come from the collaboration of excellent, authentic and passionate individuals with a joint purpose. To that end, we don’t believe leadership begins and ends with our executives. We are proud of the full team we have assembled and celebrate leadership qualities throughout all levels and across all functions. Every member of our team has excelled and achieved professionally and academically, and hail from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, and/or are entrepreneurs, and/or hold PhDs from top research institutions and/or MBA graduates from top business schools. And, every member of our team works to do not only their work at the highest level but also the work – the work of the brand, the work to achieve our singular mission. Enabling that success isn’t drive and intelligence alone – it’s also subject matter and market expertise, which is where our senior leaders excel. Our executive team has an average of over 20 years of experience at top global brands, tier 1 management consultancies, successfully scaled start-ups, and global NGOs. They also trained at the best academic institutions from around the world.
We care about our people and think they deserve the best. We currently offer equity packages and other benefits on top of cash compensation.
Challenges for this role
The Head of Business Development for the Middle East and North Africa will drive Clarity AI's growth in the region through strategic partnerships and business development initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual with a passion for sustainability and a proven track record of driving business growth.
- Develop and execute the business development strategy for Saudi Arabia, focusing on ongoing discussions and projects with Ministries and Government bodies
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders in the MENA region, including government, clients, partners, to identify new opportunities and stay up-to-date on local business trends and regulatory developments.
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans to promote Clarity AI's brand and offerings.
- Work closely with the rest of the Clarity AI team to ensure that all MENA business development activities align with the company's overall strategy and goals
- Keep current with local industry trends and emerging competitors, and share insights and recommendations with the team.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for sustainability and impact
- Proven experience in business development, with a strong track record of driving growth
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills (verbal and written)
- Strong strategic thinking and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Frequent travel to Saudi Arabia