Hey there! We're AKKO - a venture funded & fast-growing insurtech company with a passionate, solution-forward, and collaborative team focused on disrupting the device protection space.
Our mission is simple – Leveraging technology to make protecting people’s tech easier and more affordable. Most people’s lives have become tech-centric and AKKO provides customers with peace of mind that their tech is safe guarded in a transparent and seamless way. Backed by amazing investors such as Mundi, Fika, and Pear, we are just getting started!
We are seeking a QA Tester to focus on manual testing of the suite of software products that we offer to customers. The candidate will be required to carry out tests to ensure the software we’re building addresses the business requirements and provides user friendly experience to our customers. The primary role this individual will play is manual testing of new feature enhancements and regression testing of the overall application.
- Define test plans based on the feature requirements and the acceptance criteria
- Perform manual testing on the new feature enhancements and regression testing of the overall application
- Coordinate with the engineering team to debug issues identified during testing
- Take ownership of smoke testing after production deployment
WHAT MAKES YOU QUALIFIED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Software or a related field. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Three or more years of experience working in software testing, including functional and regression testing
- Experience testing web applications, working with E2E user acceptance and user experience testing, and bug verification testing
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with software development lifecycle tools, such as Atlassian suite
- Ability to write comprehensive documentation to share test analysis and results
- Experience with writing automated tests
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience working in the Insurtech space
- Knowledge of continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
As a Quality Assurance Tester, you will report to the Product Lead at AKKO. The position disclosed is a contract position looking to be filled immediately. The contractor will be expected to commit to 20 hours of work per week and be available to work during the pacific time zone. Our ideal candidate is looking to prove themselves with an opportunity for this to be a contract to hire position.
This position is open to international applicants only. The hourly wage for this position ranges from $10 to $20 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our team is fostered around our core values:
- Collaborate– Work together to be more effective, lift up others, and win together
- Aim High– Set ambitious goals
- Embrace Diversity– Seek different perspectives, bring our true self to work
- Customer Love– Serve the end user and listen to them
- Nurture Empathy– Listen and strive to truly understand others
- Take Action– Be proactive, be an owner, value speed
- Maintain Integrity– Build the AKKO you are proud to work at
- Data Driven– Use data to iterate, find truth
***CCPA disclosure notice at getakko.com/legal