Hey there! We're AKKO - a venture funded & fast-growing insurtech company with a passionate, solution-forward, and collaborative team focused on disrupting the device protection space.
Our mission is simple – Leveraging technology to make protecting people’s tech easier and more affordable. Most people’s lives have become tech-centric and AKKO provides customers with peace of mind that their tech is safe guarded in a transparent and seamless way. Backed by amazing investors such as Mundi, Fika, and Pear, we are just getting started!
- Analyze financial data, market trends, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify opportunities, risks, and areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Executive team and senior management to develop long-term financial plans and strategic initiatives, aligning financial goals with the company's vision.
- Develop and maintain financial models to support budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning processes. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate and comprehensive data inputs.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and rolling forecasts, aligning financial goals with strategic objectives. Monitor performance against budgets and identify variances, providing insights and recommendations for corrective actions.
- Evaluate the financial impact of business initiatives, pricing strategies, and product launches to support decision-making and assess the effectiveness of these actions.
- Conduct research and analysis on industry competitors, market trends, and emerging opportunities to help the company maintain a competitive edge.
- Participate in special projects and financial analyses as required by the company's evolving needs.
WHAT MAKES YOU QUALIFIED
- 1-3 years of experience working in financial services, investment banking, revenue operations, corporate finance, or a similar role (preferably for a startup)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field. Advanced degrees (e.g., MBAs) are a plus.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, forecasting, and analytical skills
- Actuarial knowledge or experience is a plus
- All around team player, fast, and self-learning individual.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing startup environment, handling multiple tasks with flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Proactive and solution-forward, bias for action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of presenting financial information to both financial and non-financial audiences effectively
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT HERE
- Unlimited vacation and paid sick time
- Competitive health benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Robust 401k program – to invest in your future
- Monthly wellness stipend (e.g., gym yoga, meditation, etc..) – we value your well-being
- Monthly treat yourself stipend – dinner on us!
- Remote workspace stipend – Work from home or from a shared workspace — you decide.
- Paid volunteer time – giving back to our community is important to us!
- Annual learning credit –explore personal interests that excite you.
- …and so much more!
The base salary for this position ranges from $70,000 to $105,000. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including business needs, experience, level of responsibility and qualifications.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our team is fostered around our core values:
- Collaborate– Work together to be more effective, lift up others, and win together
- Aim High– Set ambitious goals
- Embrace Diversity– Seek different perspectives, bring our true self to work
- Customer Love– Serve the end user and listen to them
- Nurture Empathy– Listen and strive to truly understand others
- Take Action– Be proactive, be an owner, value speed
- Maintain Integrity– Build the AKKO you are proud to work at
- Data Driven– Use data to iterate, find truth
***CCPA disclosure notice at getakko.com/legal