Finance Analyst Intern
Hey there! We're AKKO - a venture funded & fast-growing insurtech company with a passionate, solution-forward, and collaborative team focused on disrupting the device protection space.
Our mission is simple – Leveraging technology to make protecting people’s tech easier and more affordable. Most people’s lives have become tech-centric and AKKO provides customers with peace of mind that their tech is safe guarded in a transparent and seamless way. Backed by amazing investors such as Mundi, Fika, and Pear, we are just getting started!
THE DAY TO DAY:
- Prepare weekly key performance indicator metrics reporting to company leadership
- Develop reports that allow leadership to interpret and analyze data
- Support financial modeling and other ad hoc financial analysis requests
- Support and assist the operations team and/or other initiatives on a project basis
- Provide insightful analysis, review and tracking of key performance indicator metrics, and profit improvement opportunities including cost-saving opportunities
- Analyze actual results to understand variances, and revises projections as appropriate
WHAT MAKES YOU QUALIFIED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, ever-shifting environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Bonus if skilled or proficient in SQL.
- Process oriented and continuous improvement focused
- Strategic, logical, articulate, data-driven, proactive, solution-forward
- Pursuing a bachelor's or master’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or other related field
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to apply finance analysis, with a particular focus on performance metrics
- Increased skills in data analysis, including financial modeling and data optimization
- Exposure to presenting to executive leaders to gain skills in communicating the business impact of financial analysis
The range for this internship is $12.00-$20.00 per hour.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our team is fostered around our core values:
- Collaborate– Work together to be more effective, lift up others, and win together
- Aim High– Set ambitious goals
- Embrace Diversity– Seek different perspectives, bring our true self to work
- Customer Love– Serve the end user and listen to them
- Nurture Empathy– Listen and strive to truly understand others
- Take Action– Be proactive, be an owner, value speed
- Maintain Integrity– Build the AKKO you are proud to work at
- Data Driven– Use data to iterate, find truth
***CCPA disclosure notice at getakko.com/legal
Something looks off?