Embedded Systems Engineer
The AcuPebble wearable acoustic sensor is a groundbreaking piece of technology, used by patients to sense various physiological parameters, which are then analysed and interpreted for use by healthcare professionals in determining patient care. As our new Embedded Systems Engineer, you’ll be joining a fast-growing team of experienced researchers and engineers, some of whom have been working on AcuPebble since the very beginning over a decade ago. This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in every stage of developing the AcuPebble devices, from initial planning to ultimate release, and to participate in new and exciting projects that will change lives.
What you will do
- Develop highly optimised software, following the IEC62304 based software development lifecycle, to control the operation of our innovative sensors.
- Work alongside our existing embedded team to test, develop and maintain our existing firmware.
- Research, define and document the different requirements for our next generation devices.
- Collaborate with our team of other embedded engineers, signal processing engineers, mobile app developers and product designers to understand requirements to work on new and exciting features.
- Develop comprehensive unit and functional tests for each one of the firmware and hardware components.
- Challenge yourself and others, learn new technologies, and have fun!
What you should bring to Acurable
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- An excellent understanding of wireless communication using Bluetooth Low Energy.
- The ability to integrate wireless modules such as WiFi and BLE into hardware.
- Excellent programming abilities (C/C++/Python) and proven experience in embedded systems design (preferably ARM Cortex M series processors).
- Experience of interfacing with external sensors and devices.
- Ability to understand and follow schematics and circuit diagrams.
- Experience in using standard lab equipment for validating and debugging embedded systems.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Experience of using BLE for wireless communication.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Creativity in finding solutions, good understanding of technology and a desire to learn new things.
Why you should apply
- We provide a fun and entrepreneurial work environment within an exciting high-growth business, where you will use your skills to make a real difference to the lives of millions of people.
- You will be joining an experienced and extremely talented team, who will help you grow professionally by providing valuable mentoring and development opportunities.
- We offer a very competitive remuneration package, flexible hours, generous holiday allowance, regular social events, UK visa sponsorship… and many other perks we continue adding as the company grows.
- We put time and care into finding passionate, committed people, who look out for each other and are prepared to go the extra mile to help Acurable achieve our mission. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Location: You’ll be based at the company headquarters in London, but still with the option to work remotely as and when required.
- Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience.