Business Development - Insurance Sector, DACH & CEE
Abi Global Health
We are a global B2B2C telemedicine platform, active in 37 countries around the world. Our mission is to make professional healthcare as easy to access as advice from a friend. By transforming the way people access professional healthcare, we contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 3 “to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all."
In this role, you will be responsible for our commercial development within the insurance sector across the DACH & CEE countries.
You will identify opportunities to build new commercial relationships with health and travel insurers based in Germany and Central & Eastern Europe, levering our portfolio of telemedicine solutions to help them to generate customer engagement, increase product differentiation and improve loss ratios.
- demonstrate the value of our services to health and travel insurers;
- negotiate mutually favourable commercial relationships and partnerships.
- Understand the insurance landscape to identify potential opportunities.
- Contact relevant organisations across the health and travel insurance value chain to establish new lines of communication.
- Build relationships with key decision makers within insurance companies across DACH & CEE countries.
- Conduct meetings to understand the needs of potential clients and partners.
- Conduct presentations and demonstrations of the Abi service.
- Work with your colleagues to prepare proposals and pricing.
- Negotiate and close commercial contracts.
- Ensure a smooth transition and launch of new commercial relationships.
- Help with ongoing improvements to the service.
You are available for a full time role based in the UK, Ireland or Spain.
- Strong interest in the latest technology innovations
- Independently manage your own time
- Enjoy travel and working in an international environment
- Curious by nature and you apply that curiosity in your professional life
- People value your integrity, and they trust you to be true to your word
- The startup world appeals to you as a professional choice
Your skills & experience
- At least 5 years of experience in and/or with the health and/or travel insurance sector
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Able to agree mutually beneficial commercial agreements
- Excellent understanding of insurance industry product lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Able to build strong relationships quickly
- PowerPoint/Keynote/Slides; Word/Docs; Excel/Sheets.
- Fluent spoken and written German.
- Excellent professional spoken and written English.
- Fluency in any CEE languages are a strong plus.
- €70,000 - €110,000 gross annual salary
- Classpass fitness membership
- Coursera online training from top universities
- Travel insurance, covering business and personal travel
- Netflix, HBO, or Disney+ account
- You will work in a dynamic, international environment with colleagues, clients and partners from around the world.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and your career quickly and to establish yourself in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- You will be able to offer your friends and family free access to the Abi medical micro-consultation service, and use it yourself.
- We encourage applications from those with traditionally marginalised gender, racial, caste, linguistic, ethnic, religious, class or sexual identities.
We look forward to learning more about you!