Business Development - Insurance Sector, APac
Abi Global Health
We are a global B2B2C telemedicine platform, active in 37 countries around the world. Our mission is to make professional healthcare as easy to access as advice from a friend. By transforming the way people access professional healthcare, we contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 3 “to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all."
In this role, you will be responsible for our commercial development within the insurance sector across the Asia Pacific region.
You will identify opportunities to build new commercial relationships with companies in the health and travel insurance sector based in the Asia Pacific region, levering our portfolio of telemedicine solutions to help them to generate customer engagement, increase product differentiation and improve loss ratios.
- demonstrate the value of our services to health and travel insurers;
- negotiate mutually favourable commercial relationships and partnerships.
- Understand the insurance landscape to identify potential opportunities.
- Contact relevant organisations across the health and travel insurance value chain to establish new lines of communication.
- Build relationships with key decision makers within insurance companies across the Asia Pacific region.
- Conduct meetings to understand the needs of potential clients and partners.
- Conduct presentations and demonstrations of the Abi service.
- Work with your colleagues to prepare proposals and pricing.
- Negotiate and close commercial contracts.
- Ensure a smooth transition and launch of new commercial relationships.
- Help with ongoing improvements to the service.
You are available for a full time role based in Malaysia or Singapore.
- Strong interest in the latest technology innovations
- Independently manage your own time
- Enjoy travel and working in an international environment
- Curious by nature and you apply that curiosity in your professional life
- People value your integrity, and they trust you to be true to your word
- The startup world appeals to you as a professional choice
Your skills & experience
- At least 5 years of experience in and/or with the health and/or travel insurance sector
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Able to agree mutually beneficial commercial agreements
- Excellent understanding of insurance industry product lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Able to build strong relationships quickly
- PowerPoint/Keynote/Slides; Word/Docs; Excel/Sheets.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Fluency in additional Asian languages a big plus.
- 150,000 MYR - 300,000 MYR gross annual salary
- Classpass fitness membership
- Coursera online training from top universities
- Travel insurance, covering business and personal travel
- Netflix, HBO, or Disney+ account
- You will work in a dynamic, international environment with colleagues, clients and partners from around the world.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and your career quickly and to establish yourself in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- You will be able to offer your friends and family free access to the Abi medical micro-consultation service, and use it yourself.
- We encourage applications from those with traditionally marginalised gender, racial, caste, linguistic, ethnic, religious, class or sexual identities.
We look forward to learning more about you!